Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Team Intentional Day 1

Let's start with the night before, I was told many things about going onto this trip, much more for the rest of the team. It's our first time on a missions trip with the Healing Haiti corporation, of course we are wondering about how the trip was going to go on. What the building was going to look like and what type of mission work was going to go on.  As we were getting ready to leave to go to Haiti, My family and I prayed. We prayed the usual and unusual, like traveling mercies and no discord coming over us as we get ready to do the Lord's work but there was a more serious and in depth tone in what we were saying. I mean, its not everyday a family member leaves the country. My church left Massachusetts around 5:30 am to get to the first flight. From the Boston airport to the next, then all of a sudden, I'm being told to fasten ,your seat belts because we are arriving at Haiti. You may want to know what happened in between that time, well I wish I could tell you. Most of the ride and flight, I was slumped.  I would wake up when the flight attendants would offer free food, and i watched a movie. Actually, the movie was Fast and Furious 6, it was free so I got excited. Any time I would look outside I could see how beautiful the Earth I live on was. The makeup of the land was just gorgeous. If you could look through a little kids eyes, its like seeing a room full of candy and ice cream. Exactly like that. Amazing. Yummy. Leaving you for wanting more. In between one of my flights, we met up with another member of out team, John. And he sure is a funny one. He's loud and upfront but very kind. I was excited at the airport because when I saw Steak & Shake I was one lucky girl. Unfortunately, they only accepted card, but John offered to pay for me and I declined because I had a card to use. That opened my eyes to how generous people still are nowadays. As we got to Haiti, not only was the airplane empty, but so was the Haitian Airport. the people at the airport and outside were very welcoming, kind and eager to help us get situated. That's when we got on the vehicle and went off to our compound which was a lot bigger than expected. The house was very nice, two floors with a huge balcony. A big kitchen with a big dinning table which can hold about 14 people. Everyone at the compound was welcoming and generous. we came to a hot meal and the bedrooms were big as well. 2 bunk beds per room, and an A/C  unit. Ah, this made me feel so comfortable. I went to the bathroom and very good impressions, on everything. I took a shower and called it a night.

2 comments: