Thursday, August 15, 2019

Parent/Child Mission Trip "Work & Opportunity"

Today I experienced in Haiti an opportunity to support families by buying some arts and crafts from them. I felt good because I know Healing Haiti is setting us up to meet different organizations that support their families. This is how capitalism works, and it is a blessing for everyone involved. I am deeply thankful for the chance to serve in Haiti and the experience could not be better. Healing Haiti does an amazing job putting this together. I am so thankful  that God worked in the hearts of the founders, and I also pray for new entrepreneurs to come out here and keep finding new ways to bless the poor. 

Also, it’s great to see how many great people are here to serve others in a selfless way. Today I enjoyed seeing an ordinary man of God making a difference in the lives of an additional 15 kids besides his seven, because they didn’t have biological kids to support them. He is truly caring about leaving a legacy. People do the job God commands of them to do, no matter from which  culture. They only criterion is to have the Heart of God, meaning the Holy Spirit living in them.  


We all come to a third world country with the purpose of serving others, but at the end of the day I feel we get more from the people we are serving than what we give them. They are truly amazing and their hearts are joyful and content, even though they don’t have a lot of material  things to show. All this makes us reflect on what we have… perhaps materials things are not the key to Joy. Sometimes, it’s important to have a real relational opportunity in life to appreciate the keys things in life. I am also so glad I brought my 14 year-old daughter to experience this because I felt I could not hide from her how other people around the world live. 


I truly believe I see God and life differently going forward.

- Valmar


Thanks for reading this and please make your comments. How do you see life? Did you ever take a trip to see others lives and get a perspective on it? What do you consider to be the most important things to leave humanity if you know that you are a week away from leaving this Earth?










 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing and the pictures! Roanna is my daughter and Bryson my grandson. It blesses us so much to see them serve in this way. We are praying for all of you! God bless you

    ReplyDelete