- running the hose
- organizing the line of buckets
- moving the buckets off the line
- carrying buckets
- entertaining 2-3 kids on your hips and shoulders giving them simple love and attention.
The human interaction with the Water Truck cannot be measured in words. It is a privilege to honor God in these acts of love, again being the hands and feet for his children.
Our team debriefing this evening brought forth the following reflections:
- The Haitian people thriving despite their situations
- The teamwork demonstrated with God's grace
- A bitter sweet day as the last of our "water truck days" ended
- A rewarding day with lots of laughter
- New friendships with Haitian children
- Continuing to build friendships with team members,
- Making new friendships with strangers
- Continued experiences placing people out of their comfort zones
- Feelings of renewal: our cups are full
- Opportunities to carry water for individuals and visit their homes.
These truly are humbling days. We are blessed to share our lives with these Haitian people and God. The guidance and strength that he has provided to us is simply indescribable. We appreciate your willingness to join in our journey so that you may try to understand the power of our mission. Thanks be to God for all we have.